· We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils
· We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
· In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
· We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the pupil premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged
· Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
For the previous financial year (2018/19) and current financial year (2019/20), Carlton & Faceby and Bilsdale Midcable Schools are not required to publish a Pupil Premium Strategy on our website. This is to ensure that no single pupil can be identified in our data. The DfE have issued the following guidance:
“The DfE’s policy is to suppress publication figures relating to a cohort of 5 pupils or fewer. This is intended to reduce the risk of individual pupils being identified from published data”.
This is a direct quote from the DfE’s policy for publication of small numbers.
We are however, happy to advise that funds for both Carlton and Faceby and Bilsdale Midcable Chop Gate for 2018/2019 was spent on the employment of extra support staff to enable children to be taught in smaller teaching groups.
The pupil premium grant is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It’s a school-level grant that gives schools extra resources to help them meet challenges, including those arising from deprivation.
It’s allocated for schools to:
- improve the academic outcomes of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities
- close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers across the country
You can find further information about the pupil premium in.